Merrick Garland Wiki
Merrick Garland is an American lawyer and United States attorney general. Merrick Garland was born in Chicago, Illinois, the United States on 13 November 1952. He is a jurist serving as the 86th United States attorney general beginning in March 2021. He served as a circuit judge of the U.S.
View this post on Instagram
Merrick Garland Net Worth
Merrick Garland’s net worth is $ 20 million.
Merrick Garland Parents & Siblings
Merrick Garland was born to his parents in Chicago, Illinois, the United States on 13 November 1952. His Father’s Name is Cyril Garland. His mother’s name is Shirley Garland. He has 2 sisters named Heidi Garland & Jill Roter.
Merrick Garland Wife/Girlfriend & Children
- Merrick Garland is Officially married to Lynn Garland in 1987.
- He has 2 daughters named Rebecca Garland & Jessica Garland.
Merrick Garland Nationality, Religion, Cast & Zodiac Sign
Merrick Garland’s nationality is American. His religion is Jewish. Merrick Garland’s zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Merrick Garland Physical Status
Merrick Garland is 69 Years old and his Height is 5 feet 7 inches approx. and his Weight is 60 kg approx.
Merrick Garland Education
Merrick Garland was born in Chicago, Illinois, United States. Merrick Garland completed his school at Niles West High School and college at Harvard University, Harvard College & Harvard Law School.
Merrick Garland Details
|Real Name||Merrick Garland|
|Date of Birth||13 November 1952|
|Birth Place||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Hometown||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Age (as of 2022)||69|
|Profession||American lawyer and United States attorney general|
|Education Qualification||School -Niles West High School
College – Harvard University, Harvard College & Harvard Law School
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father – Cyril Garland
Mother – Shirley Garland
|Siblings||Brother – NA
Sister – Heidi Garland & Jill Roter
|Children||Son – NA
Daughters – Rebecca Garland & Jessica Garland
View this post on Instagram
Facts about Merrick Garland
- He spent 2 years as a judicial law clerk, 1st for Judge Henry Friendly of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit from 1977 to 1978.
- Then He spent for Justice William Brennan at the U.S. Supreme Court from 1978 to 1979.
- He spent 2 years as a special assistant to U.S. Attorney General Benjamin Civiletti.
- He entered private practice at the law firm Arnold & Porter.
- He practiced corporate litigation and was made a partner in 1985.
- He acted as counsel to an insurance company suing to reinstate an unpopular automatic seat belt mandate.
- He served as co-chair of the administrative law section of the District of Columbia Bar from 1991 to 1994.
- He was elected to the Harvard Board of Overseers, completing the unexpired term of Deval Patrick In 2003.
- President Bill Clinton nominated Garland to the U.S. Mikva on 6 Sep 1995.
- He received a hearing regarding the nomination before the Senate Judiciary Committee On 1 Dec 1995.
- He became chief judge of the D.C. Circuit on 12 Feb 2013.
- He is considered a judicial moderate and a centrist.
- He has tended to favor deference to regulatory agencies.
- He has taken a broad view of whistleblower protection laws, such as the False Claims Act.
- He has addressed several religious freedom cases while in D.C.
- He voted in favor of en banc review of the D.C. Circuit’s panel decision in Parker v. District of Columbia invalidating the D.C. handgun ban In 2007.
- He retired from federal judicial service on 11 March 2021.
- He was considered twice to fill vacated seats on the United States Supreme Court in 2009 and 2010.
- He pledged to double the department’s enforcement staff for protecting the right to vote In June 2021.
Social Media Accounts
Attorney General Merrick Garland Delivers Remarks Announcing Motion to Unseal Search Warrant https://t.co/ef1DsZybp0
— Justice Department (@TheJusticeDept) August 11, 2022
SOME FAQs ABOUT Merrick Garland
Que.1 Who is Merrick Garland?
Ans. Merrick Garland is an American lawyer and United States attorney general.
Que.2 Who is Merrick Garland’s Wife?
Ans. Merrick Garland’s Wife is Lynn Garland.
Que.3 What Net Worth has Merrick Garland?
Ans. Merrick Garland has a net worth of $20 Million.
You May Like– Tommy Lee Wiki
Source>>> Google & Media