James Lovelock passed away on their 103rd birthday at home on 26 July 2022.
James Lovelock Wiki
James Lovelock is an English scientist. James Lovelock was born in Letchworth Garden City, United Kingdom on 26 July 1919. He is also an environmentalist and futurist. He was known for proposing the Gaia hypothesis, which postulates that the Earth functions as a self-regulating system.
James Lovelock Family
James Lovelock was born to his parents in Letchworth Garden City, United Kingdom on 26 July 1919. His Father’s Name is Tom Arthur Lovelock. His mother’s name is Nell Lovelock.
James Lovelock Wife& Children
- James Lovelock is Officially married. He married Helen Hyslop in 1942.
- Later He married Sandra Jean Orchard in 1991.
- He had 4 children.
- He has 2 daughters named Jane Lovelock Flynn & Christine Lovelock Curthoys and 2 sons named John Lovelock & Andrew Lovelock.
James Lovelock Nationality, Religion, Cast & Zodiac Sign
James Lovelock’s nationality is English. His religion is Quakerism. James Lovelock’s zodiac sign is Leo.
James Lovelock Net Worth
James Lovelock’s net worth is $1.5 million.
James Lovelock Physical Status
James Lovelock is 103 Years old and his Height is 5 feet 10 inches approx. and his Weight is 75 kg approx.
James Lovelock Education
James Lovelock was born in Letchworth Garden City, United Kingdom. James Lovelock completed his school at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, and college at Victoria University of Manchester.
James Lovelock Details
|Real Name||Christopher Dewayne Carson|
|Date of Birth||26 July 1919|
|Birth Place||Letchworth Garden City, United Kingdom|
|Hometown||Letchworth Garden City, United Kingdom|
|Age (as of 2022)||103|
School – London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
College – Victoria University of Manchester
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
Father – Tom Arthur Lovelock
Mother – Nell Lovelock
Brother – NA
Sister – NA
|Wife||Helen Hyslop (1942)Sandra Jean Orchard (1991)|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Children||Daughter – Jane Lovelock Flynn & Christine Lovelock CurthoysSon – John Lovelock & Andrew Lovelock|
Facts about James Lovelock
- He starts his career performing cryopreservation experiments on rodents, including successfully thawing frozen specimens.
- He invented the electron capture detector, and using it, became the 1st to detect the widespread presence of chlorofluorocarbons in the atmosphere.
- He proposed a method of climate engineering to restore carbon dioxide–consuming algae in the 2000s.
- He worked at a photography firm After leaving school.
- He worked at a Quaker farm before a recommendation from his professor led to him taking up a Medical Research Council post.
- He refused to use the shaved and anesthetized rabbits that were used as burn victims.
- He received a Ph.D. degree in medicine at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in 1948.
- He conducted research at Yale, Baylor College of Medicine, and Harvard University in the United States.
- He was engaged by NASA to develop sensitive instruments for the analysis of extraterrestrial atmospheres and planetary surfaces in early 1961.
- He served as the president of the Marine Biological Association from 1986 to 1990.
- He made an extended appearance on the Channel 4 television program After Dark in 1988.
- He appeared on the Radio Four series The Life Scientific, talking to Jim al-Khalili about the Gaia hypothesis on 8 May 2012.
- He was the first to detect the widespread presence of CFCs in the atmosphere in the late 1960s.
- He became concerned about the threat of global warming from the greenhouse effect
- He argued that, as a result of global warming, “billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable” by the end of the 21st century writing in the British newspaper The Independent in January 2006.
- He has been quoted in The Guardian that 80% of humans will perish by 2100 AD.
- He said that democracy might have to be “put on hold” to prevent climate change in a March 2010 interview with The Guardian newspaper.
- He and Chris Rapley proposed the construction of ocean pumps to pump water up from below the thermocline to “fertilize algae in the surface waters and encourage them to bloom” in Sep 2007.
Social Media Accounts
SOME FAQs ABOUT James Lovelock
Que.1 Who is James Lovelock?
Ans. James Lovelock is an English scientist.
Que.2 What is his girlfriend’s name?
Ans. James Lovelock’s wife’s name is Sandra Jean Orchard.
Que.3 Where Did He Lives?
Ans. James Lovelock lives in Letchworth Garden City, United Kingdom.
You May Like– Chris Carson Wiki
Source>>> Google & Media